Traveling With The Children Abroad

Traveling with the Children Abroad

Do you have a child custody plan and want to do some traveling in the near future ? Check out this video by experienced New Jersey attorney Tanya Freeman on traveling with the children abroad

Download Our Free Child Custody and Support Guide

  • International travel can be addressed in a settlement agreement.
  • If there is concern that one parent might flee the jurisdiction with the children, a parent may consider obtaining a court order preventing international travel while the divorce is pending.
  • If the children don’t have passports, the non-traveling parent’s consent to apply for it is necessary in many cases.
  • Among the important considerations that a parent must discuss with an attorney are: If the children travel internationally, are there countries they should not visit? How long may they be out of the country? How much prior notice does the other parent need before the children depart?
  • These issues can become highly contested – both during and post-divorce.

Do you want to take your child on vacation to another country but your ex is saying no?  Contact a New Jersey Child Custody Attorney Tanya L. Freeman to help you.

This educational video was brought to you by Tanya L. Freeman, a New Jersey Child Custody Attorney with offices in Jersey City and Parsippany.

No posts found

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *