Relocate With The Children

Relocate with the Children

As a New Jersey Child Custody Attorney, clients will ask if they can relocate with the children to another state after divorce.


  • Relocating outside the jurisdiction with minor children is among the most difficult challenges a parent may face. The court considers many factors in response to a parent’s request to relocate outside the jurisdiction.
  • The child’s best interests guide the court’s decision-making process.
  • A number of specific factors must be discussed with your attorney because it’s not as simple as saying, “I have a new job, and I’m leaving the state.” A court order allowing the move can be a time-consuming process.

Do you want to relocate with your children to another state?  Contact New Jersey Child Custody Attorney Tanya L. Freeman to help you.

This educational video was brought to you by Tanya L. Freeman, a New Jersey Child Custody Attorney with offices in Jersey City and Parsippany.

Like us on Facebook

No posts found

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *