New Jersey Child Custody Attorney Discusses Whether You Can Relocate with the Children

As a New Jersey Child Custody Attorney, clients will often ask me if they can move to another state with the children after divorce.

  • Relocating outside the jurisdiction with minor children is among the most difficult challenges a parent may face. The court considers many factors in response to a parent’s request to relocate outside the jurisdiction.
  • The child’s best interests guide the court’s decision-making process.
  • A number of specific factors must be discussed with your attorney because it’s not as simple as saying, “I have a new job, and I’m leaving the state.” A court order allowing the move can be a time-consuming process.

Do you want to move to another state with your children?  Contact New Jersey Child Custody Attorney Tanya L. Freeman to help you.

This educational video was brought to you by Tanya L. Freeman, a New Jersey Child Custody Attorney.