Attorney Kelly A. Skopak
Experienced New Jersey Lawyer
Kelly A. Skopak is a partner in the family law department of the Weiner Law Group.
Kelly is a highly skilled family law practitioner handling all aspects of family law matters including divorce, spousal support, equitable distribution, complex property division (involving business and personal assets), custody and parenting time disputes, parent/child relocation, child support, domestic violence, guardianship, and related matters. Kelly focuses on assisting clients navigate the financial and emotional intricacies of the divorce process and prides herself on being a capable and compassionate attorney.
Kelly received her B.A. from Drew University and her J.D. from The John Marshall Law School. Kelly is admitted to practice law in the state of New Jersey and the state of New York. Upon graduating law school, Kelly served a judicial clerkship with the Honorable James B. Convery, J.S.C., and the Honorable Cathy L. Wasserman, J.S.C. in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Family Division, Essex Vicinage, from August of 2009 through August of 2010.
Kelly is a member of the Barry I. Croland Family Law Inn of Court and volunteers her time with the Women’s Legal Clinic of Morris County Community College. Kelly also serves as Pro Bono counsel for the Women’s Legal Advocacy Project (“BWLAP”), representing victims of domestic abuse, and is an attorney member of the District XB Ethics Committee.
Areas of Practice
- Matrimonial Law
- New Jersey, 2009
- New York, 2010
- The John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois
- D., Juris Doctor- 2009
- Drew University, Madison, New Jersey
- A., Bachelor of Arts- 2004
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Matrimonial Early Settlement Panelist
- Pro Bono counsel for the Women’s Legal Advocacy Project (“BWLAP”)
- Attorney Member- District XB Ethics Committee, 2019- Present
- Volunteer Attorney- Women’s Legal Clinic of Morris County Community College
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Somerset County Bar Association
- Morris County Bar Association
- Barry I. Croland Family Law Inn Member
Honors & Awards
- Top Lawyers, Rising Star New Jersey Monthly Magazine, 2019
- Top Lawyers, Rising Star, New Jersey Monthly Magazine, 2018
- Appointment to District XB Ethics Committee, 2019-Present
Serving Somerset County, Hunterdon County, Morris County, Bergen County, Sussex County, Essex County, Union County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, and Ocean County