Attorney Julianne C. Smith
Julianne C. Smith is a Senior Associate for the firm. Her practice is exclusively dedicated to the areas of family and matrimonial law where she has successfully represented clients in litigation and mediation surrounding issues of divorce, alimony, child support, custody, parenting time, and equitable distribution. Julianne takes great pride and care in assisting clients from the early stages of their case to its conclusion. Having gained a strong reputation in the legal community as a fierce client advocate and a sharp negotiator, Julianne was selected as a Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2018 and 2019.
Julianne’s legal career began as a law clerk to the Honorable Joseph A. Turula, J.S.C. in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Hudson Vicinage. Prior to her clerkship, Julianne graduated with honors from Florida Coastal School of Law, during which time she served on the Student Bar Association and as the President of the Italian American Law Students Association. She also held volunteer positions in the 4th Judicial Circuit Court of Florida with both the Prosecutor’s Office and the Honorable Gary P. Flower. Julianne completed her undergraduate education at Denison University where she was a Fellow in both the Women’s Studies and Sociology/Anthropology departments.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- Florida Coastal School of Law, Jacksonville, Florida
- Denison University
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law Committee
- Hudson County Bar Association
- Union County Bar Association
- Morris County Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Honorable Joseph A. Turula, J.S.C., Superior Court of New Jersey, Hudson Vicinage, Law Clerk
- Prosecutor’s Office, 4th Judicial Circuit of Florida, Intern
- Honorable Gary P. Flower, Duval County Court of Florida, Intern
Pro Bono Activities
- Hudson County Superior Court, Voluntary Civil Mediator
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.