Are you going through the divorce process and have questions about child support? Read these 4 child support questions, then call us today.
How Do We Handle Extracurricular Activities?
- Extracurricular activities may need to be discussed and included in a family budget.
- A written schedule may assist the parents in identifying responsibilities for transporting children to their activities.
- Cost sharing arrangements can help avoid future conflict between the parents.
How Do We Handle College Costs?
- Each parent’s contribution to college expenses is based on several factors that a court will consider in making this determination.
- Parents should begin this discussion early in the college application process and may want to encourage their children to exhaust opportunities for grants, loans and financial aide.
How are Child Medical Expenses Handled?
- A child with special needs may have extraordinary out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- Ongoing expenses may include medications or payments for special programs such as speech therapy or occupational therapy and these expenses often require additional consideration.
- It’s essential to quantify such expenses early and set a contingency plan in place to ensure uninterrupted services.
- Other expenses parents may consider allocating include, copays for office visits, prescriptions, and health insurance premiums.
Who Pays for a Teen Driver’s Car Insurance?
- Don’t neglect those very important family details, such as a child who is approaching the age when he or she becomes eligible to get a driving permit. When that happens, car insurance may be a significant impact on the household budget where that child lives.
- Both parents can agree at the time of a divorce how foreseeable expenses such as those associated with a child beginning to drive – including the cost of car insurance and driving school.
Are you going through the divorce process and have questions about child support? Check out these 4 child support questions, then contact New Jersey Child Support Attorney Tanya L. Freeman for guidance.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel