Are you going through a divorce and have children? Check out these 3 child support tips for guidance, then call our New Jersey attorney today.
Handling Extracurricular Activities
- Extracurricular activities may need to be discussed and included in a family budget.
- A written schedule may assist the parents in identifying responsibilities for transporting children to their activities.
- Cost sharing arrangements can help avoid future conflict between the parents.
Handling College Costs
- Each parent’s contribution to college expenses is based on several factors that a court will consider in making this determination.
- Parents should begin this discussion early in the college application process and may want to encourage their children to exhaust opportunities for grants, loans and financial aide.
Child Medical Expenses
- A child with special needs may have extraordinary out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- Ongoing expenses may include medications or payments for special programs such as speech therapy or occupational therapy and these expenses often require additional consideration.
- It’s essential to quantify such expenses early and set a contingency plan in place to ensure uninterrupted services.
- Other expenses parents may consider allocating include, copays for office visits, prescriptions, and health insurance premiums.
Are you going through the divorce process and have a child or children? After reading these 3 child support tips, contact New Jersey Child Support Lawyer Tanya L. Freeman for advice.
Like us on Facebook